Poland is dispatching an aircraft with consular and medical staff to Hungary after 12 Poles were killed and dozens injured in bus crash on Sunday morning. Prime Minister Donald Tusk made the announcement on the X platform on Sunday, writing that all the injured would receive the help they needed. “We are together in this difficult moment,” Tusk wrote. Poland’s Health Ministry gave its assurance that all those in need of medical help would receive all they needed after returning to Poland. The ministry also said Deputy Health Minister Katarzyna Kacperczyk was among the officials that had flown to Hungary. The bus, carrying 57 pilgrims and two drivers who had travelled to Bosnia and Herzegovina, veered off the road and overturned into a ditch on the M3 highway near the town of Mezőkeresztes, just over 140 kilometers east of Budapest. It had been due back in the southeastern Polish region of Podkarpackie at 6am on Sunday, the owner of the bus company told Poland’s Fakt newspaper. “The bus was driven by experienced drivers who had driven the route many times before,” Tadeusz Dykas, head of the Michael company said. Hungary’s health minister said that in addition to the 12 fatalities, all of whom were Polish citizens, emergency crews attended to one critically injured person at the scene with a further nine in hospitalized in serious condition. A further 37 passengers sustained minor injuries, Health Minister Dr Zsolt Hegedűs said. Hungarian police said initial indications suggested the driver had fallen asleep. He has been taken into custody, police said. “It's difficult for me to say anything about the circumstances of the accident, as I don't have any information at this time,” Dykas told Fakt. “All I know is what I've read from the media. “We're here at the scene," Dykas continued. "We arrived on a replacement bus. We're waiting for information on where to pick up these people and take them to Poland. It's a very difficult situation. It's not easy. So many people have died..." Donald Tusk posted later on X that he had spoken to his Hungarian counterpart, Péter Magyar, and thanked him for the work of Hungary’s emergency and health services. “The prime minister [Magyar] expressed condolences to the families of the victims and the whole of Poland and gave his assurance he would continue to do everything to help people harmed at this tragic time,” Tusk wrote. The pilgrims on the bus came from the Podkarpackie town of Strzyżów and surrounding villages. A local civic leader from the village of Siedliska said four of the dead were from his local community, adding that children were among the passengers affected, though none of them had been seriously injured. Everyone was screaming Crash survivor Helena Tluczek, from Lubenia, told Reuters from her hospital bed that she was on the phone with a friend back in Poland when the bus suddenly tipped over, and rolled. She suffered broken ribs and injuries to her shoulder and spine, and also hit her head, but remembered some of what had happened. "All the seats were ripped out. People were under the seats; everyone was screaming for help," she said. She pulled two people out from under the wreckage and then "clawed my way out of that vehicle with my hands". Tluczek managed to pull her sister out of the bus before collapsing. "When I looked back, it was like ... Mother of Jesus... It is not possible; it is unimaginable to see what it looked like inside that bus," she added.