Polish Def Min, U.S. SoD discuss missile incident in Przewodów

Photo: twitter/Mariusz Błaszczak

The issue of the tragedy that took place in Przewodów and the support of American experts in the investigation were the topics of Polish Defence Minister Mariusz Błaszczak’s talk with U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. The conversation also concerned military cooperation, as reported by the minister on social media.

"We raised the issue of the tragedy that happened in Przewodów on November 15 and the support of American experts in the investigation. The conversation also concerned military cooperation. The secretary of defence thanked Poland for its commitment to supporting Ukraine," Błaszczak said.

Russian forces launched a large-scale missile attack on Ukraine on the afternoon of November 15, targeting mainly energy facilities. On that day, in the village of Przewodów (Lubelskie Province) near the border with Ukraine, a rocket fell causing an explosion as a result of which two Polish citizens were killed.

On November 16, Polish President Andrzej Duda announced that there was no indication that the incident in Przewodów was an intentional attack on Poland, most likely it was an accident and there is a high probability that it was a Ukrainian air defence missile.

The investigation into the outbreak is being conducted by the Mazovian Branch Office for Organized Crime and Corruption of the National Prosecutor's Office. Prosecutors worked on the spot, as well as m. experts, including from the Military Institute of Armament Technology in Zielonka and the Central Forensic Laboratory of the National Police Headquarters, pyrotechnicians and American experts. The inspection of the explosion site was also attended by Ukrainian experts who left Przewodów after a few hours.

Earlier in November, President Andrzej Duda said that the investigation into the rocket explosion in Przewodów was ongoing, investigators had completed their work at the scene, and laboratory tests were currently underway.

source: